Portsmouth Primary Care Alliance Ltd (PPCA) – Acute Visiting Service
Since September 2015 the Alliance has provided an Acute Visiting Service which runs during the hours of 9am-5pm Monday – Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
If you are feeling unwell and are not able to attend your usual doctor’s surgery, you can contact your GP Practice to request a Home Visit.
Some patients will be seen by their usual GPs but if following a telephone assessment your GP feels that you are unable to wait until after surgery for a visit, you may be offered a referral to the Acute Visiting Service. One of our team of GPs will then come out to see you as a representative of your practice.
Our team of doctors work across the Portsmouth area to visit registered patients at home. They provide appropriate treatment which helps to both reduce attendances at A&E and avoid unnecessary admission to hospital.
Patients referred to the AVS are normally seen quickly (normally within 2 hours of us receiving the referral) and are given the best care in the most appropriate setting.
Quotes from service users (patients):-
- “Doctor excellent. Very informative and helpful”
- “My practice is very busy & it was helpful this GP came out so quickly”
- “Very thorough, seemed to have more time to go through questions, explained everything clearly”
- “Excellent service; nhs at its best”
Quotes from service users (practices):-
- “A great success. high quality service”
- “Very good feedback form family members and carers”
- “Patients are grateful for early visiting and frequently praise professionalism of visiting Doctor”
- “This is a brilliant service and has had an enormous impact on my working day, enabling me to deliver better care for other patients and meaning that my day is more tolerable – thank you”
Portsmouth Primary Care Alliance Ltd (PPCA) –
Extended Access Service
Same-day Saturday GP Access?
If you wake up with a chest infection, tonsillitis or thinking that you need to see a GP that day, Portsmouth Primary Care Alliance is running a same-day access GP service on Saturdays.
Simply call 111 from any phone. One of our doctors will call you back and if you need to be seen, they will book you an appointment.